January 26, 2009

The year of the OX

Last night we went to Jing Mei's house and celebrated the Chinese New Year! For those of you who like fish, and I don't mean just fish I mean EVERY kind of fish you can imagine, you would have loved this night! BUT, for those of you like myself the thought of fish makes my stomach turn, not to mention the smell, AHHH hardly bearable. So this is how it works, there's a big pot in the middle of the table, a million different kinds of fish, meat, spinach, and other items I have never seen before. They toss a bunch of it in this pot and let it boil. When it's done they dish up and start round two. This process goes on for quite some time. Jay's Dad and I and some of the kids prefer the better tastes in life so I made chicken enchiladas for the rest of us. The kids had a color the OX contest. They thought that was great fun! There's a chinese tradition that the adults give the children red envelopes with money in them. I have to say they made out like bandits! It was a great time had by all!

Tia and Aliya are the best of buddies

Jalin receiving her red envelope, you can't tell she's excited!

Haydon was pretty enthusiastic

Tia had to give kisses before she could get hers

Aliya wasn't quite sure what was in this strange envelope, she just knew she wanted one if everyone else was getting one

Aliya talked Uncle Russ into playing barbies with her, it was so cute!

An adorable picture of Jalin and Jing Mei

Aliya and Jalin eating apple pie YUM!

The feast

The pot and some of the fish...

Conner, Haydon, Aliya & Tia

Nevaeh and Mommy!

ohhh Navy sure loves her Daddy!

Nevaeh and Grandma. You would have never known Navy wasn't feeling well.

My Grandpa and Me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Aliya looks so big! And I think Naveah has got to have the cutest smile ever!!
    I miss you guys like crazy!
    And I still love the hair it looks so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete