January 24, 2009

Oh the things they say...




The shower is on and awaiting the banging of toys on the walls and water strewn from one end of the bathroom to the other. It's time to hop in the shower Aliya. I take off her shirt and to my surprise she plops on my lap and says in a very matter of fact voice "Do you want to tickle my back or something". I couldn't help but giggle and tickle her back before sending her off to the shower. I love the silly things that come out of a 2 1/2 year olds mouth. This reminded me of something Haydon said at about her age. One day we were sitting at the kitchen table and he said "Mommy, i'm going to marry you when I get big". I said "well I would love that, We should tell Daddy of your plans". So later that night I said to Jay "Haydon said he's going to marry me when he grows up". Jay asked Haydon "What about me"? Haydon said "I can't marry you Daddy, your not a princess". Oh how I absolutely love that boy! I only wish he would always have that perception of his Mommy. When he's fifteen and forgets that he's going to marry me and that I am his princess, I will surley remind him. ;O)


1 comment: