February 6, 2009

Pizza Power

The kids and I headed out this morning to go to my sweet friend Michelle's house. She sewed some aprons for my girls, while the kids played (I don't sew, if I did those aprons would have fingers instead of ties). We were there most of the day and then headed out to run some errands. I don't recommend errands "after" the day is over. We ran to Walgreens and made a mad dash for the bathroom before my little man had an accident. When he says he has to go he means NOW! Aliya on the other hand made a mad dash to anywhere that I couldn't see her. Once I caught up to her lugging Nevaeh on my hip and towing Haydon behind, she was forced to hold my hand throughout the store. You would have thought I was torturing her. She screamed and stomped and pulled with all her might to get free which made the situation even more exciting. I love days like this (no naps, a bag of fishy crackers for dinner while running errands, people staring as though I am out of my ever loving mind, and three beautiful children that looked like I have drug them through the ringer "ragamuffins" if you will). We made it to the transportation mobile where I strapped them into their torture chairs and headed out for some more fun. We finished up our "my" errands and headed home. By this time it was too late to make dinner, what's the next best thing I ask? Pizza of course! We grabbed a pizza on our way home and just in time to find two of my three "ragamuffins" sound asleep in the back seat. Haydon was crashed, no pizza for him tonight. Navy woke up and joined Aliya and Jay and I for dinner. We have an issue getting Aliya to eat, it's not that she is picky, she actually likes about anything, she just doesn't like to eat. A challenge I wish I could encounter myself. So Jay told her that if she took a bite of her pizza it would give her power. Then she could "KAZAM" the decorative plate on the table. It would make a loud BOOM noise and shake (Jay is quite creative, when she would zap the plate he would stomp on the floor which would make the plate shake.) She thought this was fantastic she could take a bite of pizza and KAZAM the plate with all her power. Once the bite was gone the power ran out. So to get her power back she had to take another bite. Needless to say she ate all her pizza and a breadstick, I don't think she has ever cleaned her plate. It was quite funny to watch her. I think Jay was having just as much fun as she was. I love watching my children enjoying the little things in life.

PIZZA POWER!

"KAZAM"

VICTORY SMILE

FOLLOWED BY THE VICTORY DANCE!

AND... THE VICTORY KISS, A JOB WELL DONE!

NEVAEH THOUGHT IT WAS QUITE FUNNY TOO

And throug it all my Haydon slept...sweet dreams

9 comments:

  1. HEY CALLIE!!! Funny cuz the last time I saw you, you were pregnant. I can't believe it was really that long ago. Are you back in Idaho?
    Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy I am not the only mom who takes my kid out at the end of a non-nap day! Kudos to your hubby for the quick thinking on eating power! Owen has a problem with eating too, unless its candy then down the hatch it goes!
    I will favorite your blog so i can keep up with you guys!
    ps your house decor is so cute but what else could i expect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay is so good with your kids! What a fun house you guys have - your kids are lucky to have you guys as parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember Aliya is just like aunt tracey and if you would just give her chocolate she would scarff it right down!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, super cute blog!! With all this facebook mumbo jumbo I was under the impression that you had a blog, but didn't do a whole lot with it.... glad I checked....you are better at keeping it updated than I am with mine!!! See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome Cal, you are such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This totally had me laughing, I say at least you had the fishy crackers..you are a seasoned mom! oh and I'm still laughing about the aprons having fingers instead of ties...thanks for brightening up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Callie, you're such a good writer! Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us. It's so cool to me, we're all spread across the world facing the same challenges and experience the same amazing joys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Callie, thanks for blog stalking me! Your family is so cute! I love blogging its such a great way to see what everyone is up to! I will have to add you to my page, so I can check back!

    ReplyDelete