February 15, 2009

If they could only stay little


Haydon unfortunately inherited his Daddy's lungs

But it only makes him stronger... so he thinks...brain power

My sick little Aliya :( Never complains and puts on a happy face - kinda

Watching "D D Dora" is always good medicine

And finally asleep cuddled up next to her prince

We woke up today with sick kids. Aliya is not typically a snuggly girl, but because she's not feeling well she has been a little more clingy than usual. I thought I would write down some of the cute things she said today while not feeling so well.

Most of you know Jay recently lived in Utah for six months while we lived in Idaho. At least four times a day she says "Mom I lub daddy home".

I was rocking her tonight and I said "Aliya your so pretty", she said half asleep "your so pretty too mom". Who else would tell you your pretty after a late night with little sleep and no shower.

She said earlier today "I lub this house". I love this house too. I feel like we're growing out of it but after being away for a year I have found a new appreciation for it. And a bit selfish for ever thinking we needed something more. To those of you (you know who you are), braving it in a small apartment with lots of little ones for schooling or life dream pursuits, I hand it to you. I truly look up to you (Jay wants to go to law school, we may be living the small apartment dream before we know it).
My all time favorite is "Abaya (Nevaeh) is sooo cute!". She says this several times a day as well.

She tells Haydon often "Haydon your my bet friend".

When we lived at Tracey's house Jay made oatmeal cookies. I usually make the cookies and they aren't usually oatmeal (I do love oatmeal though). We all sat around eating cookies when Aliya took a big bite out of hers and said "YUCKY, Daddy cook it!" She then proceeded to spit it out, we belly laughed for quite some time.

I wish I would write down more of the silly things my kids say. I always think that was so funny, I'm sure I'll remember it, but I never do.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Haydon with the asthma. Not fun. I love all the funny things! Aliya cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites had to be when she would say "you do it!" or "your to late!" she is hilarious I miss my little Aliya!!

    ReplyDelete