February 15, 2009

The Madison's Third Annual VALENTINES PARTY!

We had our annual Valentines Party. So the night started off with dinner. I made my favorite soup but it didn't turn out quite like I'd hoped. I make it all the time but it was a little mooshy.

We played the Madison's version of the "Newlywed game", which is always a hit. I take the gals into my bedroom and Jay keeps the guys in the kitchen, we ask them 12 questions about their spouse. I love that I get to think of the questions and don't have to answer them. The answers never cease to amaze me, as well as I know these great friends of ours I learn more each time we have a party. The Seader's and Davidson's came out victorious in a tie!


We then had our gift exchange which was very practical this year. Love my GC to Louies. We lost the Colts at this time :( (babysitter relief).

We broke out a new game I thought of called Hot Potato. We tossed a beanbag to someone and asked a question (not always an easy question to answer), they answered it and tossed it to someone else in the circle, this continued until the buzzer (15 seconds) goes off. Who ever is holding the beanbag is out. We then had a final round with all the winners and Crystal conquered all! Way to go girl!

Dessert was next, Jen is our dessert queen. She always plans a delicious dessert. Bryan absolutely hates it when she volunteers for dessert, but we LOVE it! Very yummy heart shaped brownies with little scoops of ice cream on the side a fanned strawberry and a dusting of powdered sugar. So delish. We then lost the Seaders :( (babysitter relief as well).


Our final game was pictionary. Jay and I wrote the categories and the topics. It was hilarious! I love our friends, we have so much fun with them! Such good sports! The guys won, I couldn't believe they won! They had better rolls the then girls. ;) On a side note I ended up with a lot of butt shots during pictionary sorry about that.

We hope you all had fun, we did for various reasons. After everyone left Jay and I sat and talked about how much we enjoy spending time with all of you. We feel so blessed to have such great friends. We enjoy each and everyone one of you and all of your individual qualities that we have grown to love. Thanks to those of you who made our party so much fun! We look forward to next year.


The guys answering their "newlywed" questions which later came back to bite them in the butt. I will have to admit their questions were loaded...

The girls answering their questions, they had it easy so really we just chatted. Oh and the guys had to draw a picture of their wife, it was HILARIOUS!!! We laughed while each one tried to pick the picture their husband drew of them.



The Davidson's we love you guys!

The Ricker's we love you guys!

The seader's we love you guys!

The Banning's we love you guys!

The Cole's we love you guys!

The Colt's we love you guys! Nate's AWESOME!

My sweet friend Melisa
Two beautiful gals crystal & Jen

Such a hottie. Shake your bootie, shake your bootie!

Jen, Melisa, Kari, Callie, Crystal

Nice butt shot Nate!

I just love Bry, such a funny guy!

Oh so funny!?

Matt I love your drawing. Nuns? Chinese? You're so great!

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!

SOOOOPER funny picture!

"You da man"

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute name! I love anything thats different. Beau works at a micro lab that tests medical devices, but he is in the sales dept now, so he goes on sales trips about every month. They have been cutting back a little with the economy, but its hard when he's gone. What about Jay? Beau is thinking about going to P.A. school, so in a year hopefully he will be a busy student instead of a traveling salesman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jay are excellent hosts!! We always have such a fun time. Thanks so much for inviting us! I thought the soup was totally yummy by the way. Also, I haven't done my V-Day post yet...would you mind if I copy and post a few pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like we missed out on some fun games!! Maybe next year we can actually stay for the whole thing! Well, maybe, if you let me help you write the questions!! I know, how about next year Nate and I write them, so that you and jay can play for once! I LOVE that idea!! What do think? :)

    ReplyDelete