May 21, 2009

A Princess Party for my Princess!

My little Aliya just turned 3! I can't believe she's not my baby anymore. She went from a needy baby, to a naughty toddler, to a sweet independent, spunky, stubborn, thoughtful, kind hearted, dancing princess. Yes, she is everyone of these all rolled into one.
To explain the hairdo... she received a Barbie thumbalina for her Birthday. She then decided that her hair had to look just like Thumbalina, which it did when the day started out and then just got crazier from there on out.
We had a Princess Party for her and some of her bestest friends. We played put the princess in the castle window (i.e. pin the tail on the donkey). She got to go first and from then on was insistant that NO ONE put their princess on her princess, which was harder than it sounded due to the fact that all the girls are about the same heigth and wanted to place it straight ahead. I had to redirect about every little blindfolded princess' hand to avoid the frustration from my stubborn little princess.
Aliya's princess is the pink one in the middle turned sideways, with NO other princess' touching it. ;)The girls won mini fingernail polish for playing the game, so they all got their fingernails and toenails painted.
The girls made princess crowns...
Princess Avery
Princess Ella
Princess Kaylee
Princess Morgan My Princess and her Mommy
Princess Makenzie
Princess Tia
My lovely Aliya and her crazy hair
What's a party without a pinata?
I was lucky my sister Tracey came to celebrate Aliya's Birthday with us, she was brave and held the other end of the stick!
Ella loved the Princess lipgloss necklace (unfortunately I had no idea it was PURPLE!)
All Aliya cared about in the Pinata was the Nerds, and she ate a TON of them!
The group shot
Tia, Morgan, Aliya, Kaylee, Avery, Ella, Makenzie
Aliya's beautiful Princess cake that my good friend Crystal made for her! She loved it!
Blowing out the candles She really liked the cake!!!
Until next year...
Your songs move me, your dances free me, your smile brightens me, your love warms me, your sweet raspy voice makes me smile from deep down inside, your enthusiasm for life makes me giddy, your imagination brings me to an enchanted world, your "nuggles" remind me why I will always wish you would stay little forever, and your sweet spirit will always bring happiness to my life. I love you my little Aliya.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little sassy hand on the hip! what a cutie. your a good mom, I say anyone who throws a party for a group of princesses deserves a prize! I'm excited to see you this summer and meet your little ones in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! What day is her Birthday? That is really close! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete