April 29, 2009

A HAIRY SITUATION!

I was doing the dreaded purging of clothes in the girls closet. Jay had just finished bathing the kids and getting them in their jammies. I asked Aliya to go get her brush so I could brush her hair. She was taking a little longer then expected when I heard Jay say "you better go show Mommy what you did, I don't think I can help you". She appeared in her bedroom doorway with a comb tangled in her hair, not just a little tangled I mean tangled!
She had somehow twisted it one way and then the other. I thought I was going to have to cut her hair to get it out.
Apparently not happy about her choice to comb her own hair.
Now that she knows Daddy has the camera it's really funny? 30 minutes later and almost done, I only had to break both ends off the comb to get it this far.
There's hope!
YIPPEE!!! It's out. There was only one fatality, the poor comb. Aliya cried when I had to break it and said, "now I will never have a comb again". I reassured her I would buy her a new one. Her pretty curls were spared which was all Mommy cared about. :) I think after this incident I will be doing her hair until she's sixteen, she's deathly afraid to touch the comb and brush again.

3 comments:

  1. That's scary and I'm glad you got it out. I remember doing that to my hair a time a too. it's hilarious how her faced changed when the camera came out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm glad you were able to get it out. No kidding it was a hairy situation. Emma took scissors to her hair the other day....we had to cut it super short, and she told me she hates it. Kids these days...we would of NEVER done anything like that when we were little...he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor did that when she was about that size!!! Glad you got it out.

    ReplyDelete